All of the answers to “MEG 08 New Literature In English 2021-22” can be found below; just click on the questions, which will take you to a new page containing the answers.
MEG 08 New Literature In English Solved Assignments 2021-22
Programme: MEG Assignment
Max Marks : 100
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. The colonial educational system was inadequate for the creation of a national consciousness, with regard to the Caribbean identity. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. 10
2. What are the geographical and socio-political contexts that have shaped the literature of Australia? 10
3. There is a definite relationship between history and literature. Keeping this in mind analyse A Grain of Wheat as a complex portrayal of history. 10
4. Analyse A Dance of the Forests vis-à-vis the Nigerian independence; the relation of tradition to history; and the relation of the artist to politics. 10
5. Analyse Ice-Candy Man as a novel of Partition. 10
6. What is the significance of the title A House for Mr. Biswas? Give a detailed answer. 10
7. Attempt a critical analysis of the poem ‘Names’ by Derek Walcott. 10
8. Critically analyse the poem ‘Angel/Engine’ by Edward Brathwaite. 10
9. The Solid Mandala is a play of dualities. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. 10
10. Attempt a character sketch of Hagar Shipley in the novel The Stone Angel. 10