All of the answers to ” MEG 12 A Survey Course In 20th Century Canadian Literature 2021-22″ can be found below; just click on the questions, which will take you to a new page containing the answers.
MEG 12 A Survey Course In 20th Century Canadian Literature Solved Assignments 2021-22
Programme: MEG Assignment
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all TEN questions and answer each question in approximately 600 words.
1. It is important to know the history of a nation in order to understand its literature. Keeping this in mind trace the different stages of Canadian history from the First settlers to the present age. 10
2. The experience of wrestling with a rigorous climate and wilderness have shaped the Canadian imagination. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. 10
3. Write a detailed note on the genre of the Canadian long poem. 10
4. Attempt a detailed analysis of the poem ‘Envoi’ by Eli Mandel. 10
5. What are the major themes present in the novel Surfacing. 10
6. Write a detailed note on ‘Naturalism’ and show how it is reflected in the novel ‘The Tin Flute. 10
7. Write in detail how modernism and post modernism is reflected in the novel The English Patient. 10
8. After reading the story “Where is the Voice Coming From”, would you say that history has been distorted by the Whites? 10
9. What is the theme of the play The Ecstasy of Rita Joe? 10
10. Write a note on Northrop Frye’s ‘Conclusion’ to A Literary History of Canada. 10